The election is over and it's time to make it count. Grassroots power is not just for elections.
Congress has until December 31st to make a critical and historic choice. They can ask the richest 2% of Americans to pay their fair share, or they can put more money in wealthy pockets at the expense of the struggling middle class.
There is too much money and power in too few hands and the system is rigged to keep it that way. It's time to level the playing field. It's time to make things right.
The first step is telling Congress, loud and clear: Don't give more tax breaks to the people who need them least.
Yesterday was The Election. Today is The Action.
The Action is a grassroots movement that demands Congress end the Bush-era tax cuts for the richest 2%--those making more than $250,000 per year. The Action is for critical investments that create and sustain jobs. Keystone Progress is leading The Action efforts in Pennsylvania because we believe this issue is crucial to our economy, our pocketbooks and the entire progressive agenda
It's time to join The Action.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Send a message to Congress. Tell them to stand up for working families by ending the Bush-era tax cuts for the richest 2%.
- Join The Action. Sign up for national alerts from The Action.
- Find local Actions. There are events being planned all over the country, with dozens being planned across Pennsylvania.
- Become a local leader for The Action. We have organizers in some congressional districts, but we need grassroots leaders to help us in every community. Sign up by sending an email to our field director, Anne Batchelder.
- Contribute. We need money to win this campaign. You know the other side will be well-funded, so please contribute $5, or whatever you can afford.
This is a unique opportunity to protect the middle class AND to build a unified progressive movement that can win on every issue we care about. Please join The Action today and get as involved as you can.